Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ask and Ye shall recieve

Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
           "You watch yourself. One day you're gonna pick a hole in the sky and the universe is gonna fall right through." - Beautiful Creatures 
            Well. I think I did it. I picked a hole in the sky, and the whole dang universe fell right through. #yikes #ouch #prayingforcharity Flash back: got off the plane and President made a comment about how strong I must be because I lived in Russia. Flash forward: I'm being transferred. Yep. After almost 3 weeks of getting to know people here and basically falling in love with everything around me, I'm being transferred. Where you might ask? Trondheim! Holy cow! Start praying for me now! Okay so here is the back story. So we had 13 sisters in the mission before my group came. 17 sisters came in my group which meant that we would have mulitiple 3somes. Well we had one sister that wasn't quite ready to train, so she was put in a 3some and it was decided that after 3 weeks she would start training one of the new sisters. So we knew a moves call was coming this week. I figured that our 3some wouldn't be broken up because Søster Landry has been out for almost a year and that one of the 3somes that had a younger trainer would be split. Well Thursday night I got the call. I was blind sided. At first I thought "Oh, maybe she will just come here!" Nope wrong. So, I'm headed to Trondheim. President just kept saying, "I don't usually do this, we hate taking new missionaries from their trainers, but you were in Russia, you are strong!" So there are good and bad things to leaving. 
      Good: My new companion søster Hilton, sounds like we will get along well. I think that she will create a atmosphere that is better for me to learn in. I love søster Landry, but I think from what I heard that søster Hilton and I will get along great. President says that from how well he knows both of us that we will be a compliment to each others personality. Exciting! Trondheim is gorgeous! Its in the NORTH!!! There is only 1 area that is higher that girls are allowed to go to, so I got my wish. The thing I am wondering is if I want this wish to come true. Norway is much like USA. There is the South and there is the North. So different! But it will be a new experience! There are 6 other missionaries in Trondheim, so we will have 8 missionaries to the one ward! Can you say party? And we have Elders!!!!!!!!! Oh man you guys know how I feel about Elders! They are the best! It will be a new experience. Søster Hilton has only been out for 3 months, so we will be learning together! Please oh please keep us in your prayers! 
       The not so good: People from Trondheim is what we call Trunders. And the speak Trundish. And Trundish sounds like Chinese. The dialect is so BAD there! I am not kidding when I say it sounds like Chinese. Basically what this comes down to is since me and Søster Hilton have been in the south, we won't understand anything that they are saying. Talk about relying on the Spirit!!! Yikes! #prayingformiracles And the other sad thing is leaving Skien. I cried when I found out I was leaving. I love this ward so much. They are a part of my family! I already had one family tell me that when Mom and Dad come over to pick me up that we can come stay at their house, so put Skien on the list! I told President that I want to come back, and man do I hope I do! I love this ward. I cried saying goodbye to them and saying goodbye to my investigator Annette. I feel like a piece of my heart is breaking. Its hard. And leaving Søster Thurgood? Ugh. Missions are tough. Just when you start to feel comfortable you get changed! 
         This week was good. I don't have much time to talk about it because I have to catch a train at 1225 which is headed to Oslo. From Oslo I will go to the airport and fly to Trondheim. I will be alone ALL day until I meet Søster Hilton at the gate. #isthislegal #seperationanxiety #ridingsolo There is going to be a lot of progress here in Skien and it is going to come all through the members! I spoke in church yesterday! #throwingup I talked to them about how the Lord promises that through small and simple things great things will come to pass. We often talk about these small and simple things as scripture reading or praying, but it starts even smaller than that. It all begins with the knowledge of our divine heritage. That we are children of God. Once we know that we understand that our purpose is to return as a family to the Lord. Our friends and family that aren't members are part of this family. We have to share the gospel so that they understand their potential and their purpose. Real growth comes from the members! We are just here to help. It's been great serving here and man am I going to miss it! But I must come back! 
       I know this is short, but I wanted to get an email out before I left. I won't have time today as I travel. I love you all. How is everyone doing? Linsey I died with you telling me about throwing Rider up in the air. I can just see everyone laughing. I hope that everyone is doing well. I am sorry I am so bad at personally responding. This time goes so quickly! I will write more next week! For now, its picture time!!
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor!
Love,
Søster Hodgkiss  

No comments:

Post a Comment