Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I HATE THE WIND!!IT'S TRYING TO KILL ME!

Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
       Yesterday I almost died. I had a real life Wizard of Oz experience. I don't know what is going on, but the wind has blown in from the east. Here Hilty and I are contacting our way through life and the wind is just being all sorts of crazy. This huge gust of wind comes and this wooden board and metal goes flying in the air. #iamnotthewickedwitchofthewest Not okay. Not okay. Is this what fall is like? #whereisthesungoing #notlookingforwardtowinter Someone google this, because I just need to know, do I or do I not need to wear a helmet? #thisisreal
      So, now that that is out of the way, how is everyone? Yesterday a man from San Antonio came to church because he is here on business. I asked him how things are back in the great state of Texas (guess who is wearing their texas shirt right now? This girl.) He told me that it was really hot. I don't miss that, but at the same time I do. It is bushy bushy here. Mom, you would love it. It is getting dark though. Not too fun. I don't know how to prepare for that! I am still taking my calcium and VD. So be proud, be proud. 
      I refuse to acknowledge that you guys are all getting together without me this week. But while I am refusing to acknowledge it, I would just like to say that I expect multiple emails, videos, and letters. Mostly videos. I watched the one that Lins sent the other day with my district and they about died when Dad started talking. I have forgotten how strong all of y'alls accents are. My district likes to ask me to say pin and pen. Guess what? They are the same word pronounced the same way. #thisistexas #welcometomerica #getoutofhereeuroland 
      Today we are going to this Castle with a member and grilling out. It is taking all day, so I don't have much time to write, but I wanted to at least get something off. This last week was okay. I think we went contacting on the streets more this week than we have in my whole mission. We were out walking around 4-6 hours a day. It was kinda crazy. Sadly, we haven't seen too many fruits from that. No one will meet with us, and those that say they will don't show up. I know that the blessing and the miracles will come, I just don't know when. We are trying to focus all of our prayers on gratitude. Things are hard right now and so instead of asking for a million things we are trying to see the miracles and small successes we already have. We are extremely blessed, even though things kinda suck. Sometimes, when I write I think that I should probably go back and make what I just said more formal and missonary-ish. But then I think how lazy I am and just do nothing. Our area is struggling a bit, but I know that as we do what the Lord says he is bound. We are going to find new people this week! I know it! It is a good time to grow closer to the Savior, for he is the only one that really gets it and can take our sorrows. It's tough right now, but at the same time I am happy. I know that the Lord is proud of the things that Sister Hilton and I are doing. 
       I love you guys so much! I hope that everyone is doing well. I hope you guys have so much fun at the thing that I am not acknowledging. Please remember everything that happens and send me a script of what was said. #thisisreallife I will just leave you guys off with a few funny quotes from the week.

Me: "I'm tired. I'm so tired. I've been on chemo and I have never been this tired in my life." 

Hilton:"JP! That's my mom's initials, and my...um...cat's, my old cat's initials." 

       Also, this week a member took us out to lunch at this amazing sandwhich shop. It changed my life. Then Søs Hilton and I found a chocolate shop....and then...a cupcake shop.... and I ate it all.... #guilty It was a dream come true. #citygirls 

   I love you guys!!
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
Love,
Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment