Monday, November 11, 2013

I'M MOVING TO DRAMMEN'

Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
    Knocking, knocking, knocking on Heaven's Door.
As in I was on the bus and I heard that song on Saturday. Guess who started crying on the spot? This sister! Oh man. Blast from the past. I had all the videos and recorded messages from Brent going through my head. Honestly. I can see Lori sitting in the passenger seat just shaking her head. What an eedddiooott
     Really though, guys. When are you going to send me your Christmas lists so that I can orchestrate all of that? I did not agree to passing the torch!!!! I expect them by next week. Please and thank you. 
      Also, on my Christmas list is that you all fly over for Christmas as a "surprise". Not really. I haven't lost enough weight to see you people.
    Let's get to the important stuff though.... I'm moving to Drammen.
      So basically let's just call it like it is. I'm moving from the North to the South. I'm kinda sad that the cool factor of where I am serving is going down, but it will be okay. So actually this transfer was a funny story. I figured that I was leaving. I just kinda felt it and I didn't know what to think, I kept having thoughts of Drammen all week, but I couldn't figure out how I was going to go there because Sister Landry (the sister who first trained me in Skien) is there and I couldn't see her leaving, but i assumed I would be with the girl she trained, Sister Hornback. It didn't really make sense in my head, but Drammen and Sister Hornback were in my thoughts all week. Saturday we were on our back from a sick teach and Sister Knapp called me. She said "You are never going to believe what happened! Guess what came in the mail today?" Okay here I am on a bus trying to figure out what came in the mail. Why did a person come to my mind? Anyways to make a long story short what happened was that this transfer the call letters that you get came before the actual announcement of our calls. Usually we just all tune into a conference call on Sunday morning and then the next week we get our call letters for our new area, but this time the call letter came before Sunday. We were all dying! We knew what was going to happen to us, but we had no idea about the rest of the mission. Turns out I am going to be a 3-some again with Sister Landry and Hornback. I actually am really excited.
          I had a hard time with Sister Landry my first 3 weeks because I struggled with the mission and language and so everything was hard, area, comps, myself. Alt. So I have been thinking about her a lot lately and wishing that I had a second chance with her. She is such a good missionary and I want to basically become the kind of contacter she is, so pretty much my goal for this next transfer is to steal all of her good qualities. It will be way good.
          It's really hard to leave Trondheim though. I want to come back so bad!! I have been here 5 months! This is pretty much where I was born. Sister Landry is going to have a fit over my dialect. She doesn't like when missionaries don't just stick to Bokmal. :/ Yikes! It will be good though :) My heart is breaking that I have to leave, even though I know that Drammen is right for me. I am so sad to leave TorunnPelleMajken, the McKenzie family, and so many others. The good news is that Pelle and Torunn will both be coming down to Drammed often. Actually Torunn is coming next week, so I am only taking one of my bags with me and she is going to bring the rest of my stuff. I tried to start packing last night but ending up doing a packing for Russia all over again, and just sat there and cried. Torunn called me and said "Just leave it! I will come and pack it up for you and bring it all next week!" She is kinda the best. I am sad that I won't be able to talk to her and see her all the time like I do now. 
          I have to come back! 
          You guys are probably wondering what is happening to the rest of Trondheim? Here is how its going...
     Elder Leighton- moving to Stavanger area as a Zone Leader
     Elder Nielson- moving to Romerike to open a new area with a missionary that has only been out 3 months like him! 
      Sister Knapp- moving to Bergan! The promised land of Norway!
 Everyone else is staying...
       Elder Shanklin- will be with Elder Skinner (new Zone/District leader)
       Sister Bradley- will be with Sister Trydal (who is with Sister Knapp right now), they will only have 2 sisters here in Trondheim for a bit
        Jonsey- will be training a new Elder, Elder Jensen. He didn't know he was training again until it was announced on Sunday. Priceless. He will become Senior Zone Leader. 
            I am way sad to be leaving the Elders! They are seriously the best. I super sad and I am going to miss them all. Elder Leighton and I have served together for 5 months! Jonesy for 3 1/2. And Nielson and Shank for 3 months. I am pretty sure that some of them I will serve with again! I really hope so! It has been such a blast here in Trondheim. I have learned so much! I have been thinking back on my time here and how much really has changed with everything. It is amazing. I have laughed here so much. We have done some cool things and had some cool experiences! Man, I don't want to leave!!! 
          So I just checked my moves plan is this is what it says: Fly (with Elder Nielson) to the Oslo airport. From there, take the flytog to the Drammen station where Sisters Landry and Hornback will pick you up. Welcome to the promised land! Take your Trondheim phone with you to Drammen.   
          I am way pumped that I get to fly the whole way with Elder Nielson! It won't be such a lonely day then! Hopefully we don't get lost. I feel like we are both going to be really confused! Oh well! The joy of flying in a different country! 
         One of my freshmen roommates, Emilee Pugh wrote me today and she is headed out to Mexico on a mission in like 14 days! Crazy right? 1/3 of us are married. 1/3 of us are on missions. And the other one is modeling. Who knew how life would turn out? 
         Yesterday, Oliver came to church and we taught him afterwards and then we went to a members house with him and had a huge district dinner. It was awesome. I taught most of the lesson and I just realized how much I really have learned language wise, even in this last 6 weeks. I would have never taken the head of a lesson 6 weeks ago. When Oliver left I shook his hand and then thought to myself "This is not sufficient" and gave him a big hug. He was precious about it. He hugged me really tight and made that squeezing sound. I about died. I love him so much guys! I want nothing more than to come back next October and see Oliver as a member of the church. Man, he seriously is the best!!! 
          P.S. Jonesy has another baptism coming up this week. Honestly, the kid finds people and baptizes them. I don't get it. No, but seriously the guys he is baptizing is super awesome. He is from Iran. I'm pretty sad that I am going to miss it. Baptisms are the best! Its sad that Nielson is missing it too, but he is going to rock it in Romerike
           Drammen is one of the biggest wards in Norway. It's huge! And they love the sisters because the sisters just got there like 3 months ago. All the members are all on fire and give referrals all the time. They have a family that they are working with right now that are really close to baptism, so it looks like I am walking into a pretty sweet deal! I am really excited to go, but Trondheim is like my home, so nothing will ever beat that. I just love this ward so much! 
             We have lots of fun things planned for this week with saying goodbye to members. Some cool spiritual things too of course. :) I leave on Wednesday around 2, so that's really nice! I get Wednesday too! Usually you have to leave at like 6 am. Not okay. 
             This week has been kinda a bum week. We did a lot of things, but all this weird stuff came up. We did service one day for a member, Bergit. We helped her clean out her gutters. It was really fun! I got to wear jeans! I love jeans. Like really. I love them. 
              All of our investigators are doing well. Oliver is rocking it. He is struggling with getting an answer. He is frustrated that he doesn't feel like he has had a really clear answer yet. I can understand that one for sure, but he is doing well. Still just trekking along! I think that he is really positive still, but is just going to need some time. That's okay. Maybe I can baptize him when I get back to Trondheim! I feel like if I just keep positive thinking that I will come back then one day I will! We went and found an investigator that we couldn't get a hold of and had a cool experience with her. She is way positive. Like lets get baptized next week positive. She came to church with us on Sunday. It was awesome.
          Really though, things are just going here. It snowed yesterday night, but it was all melted by the time we woke up this morning. I thought to myself, hey this isn't that bad. And was kinda sad when it was gone this morning, but not really. 
          How is everyone doing? Lori and Brent, you guys doing good? I heard that you haven't been feeling too well! Boo! But I know that you're a champ! I love you all! Christmas in Drammen!!!
Here is my new address:
Huldreveien 38
3042 Drammen 
Norway 
       I wrote this really big so that you guys will know where to send all my things :)
       I hope all is going well with you guys!! I love you all!!
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor!
Love,
Kat

    No comments:

    Post a Comment