Monday, November 25, 2013

TONSBERG BOUND!!!

:
:
:
Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
      Let's just start this off with what I'm really freaking out over: 
   1. You guys got in a wreck. I bad wreck. I am extremely grateful that you were not hurt! I can't even tell you how blessed I know you guys were. Seriously, this is scary. I am just happy that you guys are okay. 
    2. LORI is like FOR REAL having a baby! Oh man! Your tummy is adorable! I am dying!! You are so cute and you are ALL baby!! I love it!!! #babygladys2014 
      So, I guess this would be a good time to say that I'm not in Drammen anymore with Sister Landry and Sister Hornback. It was a good 10 days and I love those girls so much, but I was transferred to Tønsberg last Saturday. I am here serving with Sister Thurgood. If you guys remember, she is the sister that I actually started out with in Skien with Sister Landry. We had a blast together! I hated pretty much everything about that area minus the ward and Sister Thurgood, so we got pretty close. I love this girl, and always have. She hit a hard part of her mission and is going through so hard things, and she really just needed something new. President prayed about and called me and said that he thought that I was the only one that could really help to be that change for Sister Thurgood, so we made some moves last week. 
        Team Thurgood is amazing guys. She has all these qualities that you just want to have. She is real and she is fun. She is a dedicated missionary who is an amazing teacher. She is so good at Norwegian, and she cares and loves so much! She has been in the land 6 months like me and has had 6 baptisms (is really high, one of the highest in the mission). She has seen miracles. I am grateful to be serving with her. I know for a fact that I am supposed to be here, and I know that as we work together that we are going to be able to repair this area and see many miracles here. There is a lot to do though.
         I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I moved into the apartment and it was just a wreck. Its a HUGE apartment, 2 floors, 1 bed room, 2 study rooms, and 2 bathrooms, but it has had Elders in it for a long time so its just gross. I got there and just started taking things off the wall and throwing things away. I was like no, we need a fresh new start beginning with this place. I have pretty much been in organizing heaven. Heather, grab your label maker and join me! Today we went shopping and bought tons of food. We decided to make sure that we are having a real meal everyday. I am just trying to create the most home like atmosphere that I can for this area. I think we both really need it. I also bought tons of cleaning supplies today. I am kinda really excited. I have a lot on my shoulders right now and nothing makes me happier than cleaning. Or running. But lezzz be honest, I don't have time to run/ TL (TL= too lazy). 
          Today Sister Thurgood set her phone on the top of the car and then we drove away. #missionarylife #needanewphone #theregoesallourcontactinformation #welcometoTønsberg
           We have some good laughs though. Seriously its good. We already know each other so well, so we don't have to do any of that weird get to know you stuff. When we start getting investigators and getting to work it is going to flow like magic. I can just feel it. 
           My new address is: 
                                                            Eikveien 77 A
3122 Tønsberg
Norway 
          Like I said, the apartment is SICK! So huge! I love it! It is real homey feeling so I really want to make it feel like that with decorations and stuff. I need to get some Christmas lights up! That would be perfect! I don't know where one would get those here though. I mean Christmas stuff is everywhere, its just that the stores are kinda of specialty stores here. 
            So Tønsberg is a branch so we don't have tons of members, and the members are a little different, but you just love em through it. That's my new saying now, Just love through it. Charity is the most important thing that you can have, its the characteristic that was shown over and over again throughout the Savior's life and ministry. It is what changes things. I am working on having more love for everyone and everything. I love that as a missionary that I am given so much love for the people and that as I serve them that love grows. I feel I am really lucky to be able to feel and experience such a thing. 
             Christmas is going to be awesome y'all. Apparently we are going to be spending the week of Christmas with this rocking family here in Tønsberg. The work pretty much shuts down during Christmas because it is a BIG DEAL to Norwegians, so you spend a lot of time with the members and investigators. We will be spending Christmas with the Fhyn family! They are going to let us skype as long as we want at their house, and they are renting Disney movies for us to watch. It's going to be awesome!! I am so excited to talk to you guys! Seriously, I am sad that I haven't lost any weight and might be obese, but I feel that you can forgive me. Well I hope you can! Seriously though. Don't be judgey. I am so excited guys!!! Only 1 month from TODAY!!!  I am definitely going to have to make a paper chain to put up in our house! This is great! I wish you guys could be here for the Christmas season in Norway. Seriously, it is crazy! They love Christmas. They do not love Christ though, so that's kinda ironic. #dontruinchristmasbytalkingaboutchrist 
                You guys, guess who is my District Leader? GUSTY!!! Oh man, I am dying. Seriously I love him. Like I LOVE him. Not in that way, that's crazy, but in a you are the best person ever and my best friend and now I get to see you all the time, kind of way. Him and Ashton are two of my best friends. If we could just figure out a way to get Ashton here, we would be a dream team! Today Sister Thurgood had an appointment in Skien (where Gusty serves) so we drove 1 1/2 hours down there. Well if I am going to drive all that way then I am going to at least stop by and say hi, so we did! We ding dong ditched him and filmed the whole thing. When he saw who it was he about died. I honestly about died I was so happy. And then we stood outside in the FREEZING cold weather and talked for like 1 1/2. We all couldn't feel our fingers or toes by the end. It was SO good to see him! We also had a zone pday today and I got to see Sister Pitts! Pitts is the best!! She is the cheerleader that I was way close to in the MTC! I love her! She was actually here with Sister Thurgood before I came. It was way good to see so many people today. I was able to catch up with everyone and just kinda hang out. I needed it! 
                 Everyone is asking for a Christmas list which I just find super awkward because I really don't know what to ask for. I love hand written notes and drawings from the kids. I love pictures, and Christmas Tree cakes and Resses. I don't really know though. I need more long sleeved shirts. And I need thick wool socks or something of the sort. A storage device that I could use to put all my stuff on would be nice. Other missionaries that have one just have one like Shawn's. I don't know guys. Its hard! What can I really use as a missionary? A husband? Yes, but not quite yet. I think I have a while for that. Really though, get creative if you need ideas. I am easy to please. If you want I can wait to open my present on skype with you guys? Let me know what you think! I want to use the google to skype home. I don't know exactly how it works, but that way you can skype with multiple people. So find out about that, and let me know! 
               You are all precious people you know that? I don't even really know what that adjective means, but it is one I am using a lot. That and obsessed. I say that word WAY too much! Oh also, Team Thurgood and I are co-senior comps, so that's pretty fun. I LOVE not serving with a sister that is older than me! LOVE IT! I am pretty sure that I will be here in Tønsberg until February at the earliest. I think that Sister Thurgood and I will get to be able to spend lots of time together! It will be good though! I am pumped! I am in the ONLY apartment in Norway that has a DRYER. My jeans are thankful. I'm thankful. #lifechanging 
               Lori, your baby bag is adorable. You are adorable. Seriously, come to Norway. I can stop people on the street by asking them to look at how adorable you are and then just trick them into hearing about the gospel. I think this could work!! It is killing me a little bit to not be there, but you sound like you are doing amazing. You know what? I'm taking the Lori attitude for this area. Be positive and do what you got to do! No complaints! I am so excited for you guys! And I am excited to have the surprise of the gender! When is your due-date? I will write you back a better email next week! 
                Heather, Kate, and Annie, thanks for the emails! You guys crack me up and always make me feel like I am just apart of your every day lives and the babies lives. I love it. The pictures were adorable! I am sorry that I don't have time to write you guys, but everything has been crazy here and today. I will write you next week :) I am excited to see you guys and talk to you soon!! Eeeeeekkkkk!! I love yall.
             For the rest of you rascals, we will be snaking snart (talking soon). Let's be real. 1 month till Christmas. It has begun. Christmas music all the time. The best! I hope that everyone is doing well and recovering from the crash or the shock of the crash or the idea of the crash and our family, whatever you need to recover from. That is way scary, but I am so happy that everyone is okay. I know that you were personally watched over. I know that Jesus is the Savior and that although his church fell after is ministry, that it was restored through Joseph Smith. That is a knowledge that I am grateful for because it has restored the right and privilege of families being sealed together forever. That is a knowledge that I am grateful for. I know that the relationships that we have here on earth will only be strengthened and deepened in the next life. I love you guys! Have a great week! And keep us in your prayers! 
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor! 

Love,
Kat

P.S. Enjoy watching my new movie on screen.... so jelly!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment