Monday, February 3, 2014

STAYING T-BERG

Dear Family and Friends,
    T-minus 19 days until Emmanuel is baptized.
       That's right people, we have a baptism on its way. 
      Emmanuel is awesome!! Oh man! We taught him on Sunday and he said "I have one question. When and where was our first church built?" I love it. And then I was telling him about the temple and he said, "I'm looking forward to that!" My heart just melted. He is so cool guys! He is learning so much and growing so fast. And he just loves the church! He comes from a really hard childhood and the church brings him peace. He told me that he sleeps with the Book of Mormon under his pillow. SO dang cute!! He is 19 and Norwegian. He is also half African, but was raised here so has perfect norsk. He loves church and he already has an in with everyone. He really does just fit right into this ward. Its the perfect place for him. We have only taught him 3 times so we have TONS to do before the baptism, but its exciting!! Keep Emmanuel in your thoughts and prayers. Things always try to go crazy before baptisms! But he is so great! Yay!! 
     We had move calls på Søndag and I about died. T-Hansen (Torunn) swore that I wasn't going anywhere, but you know you always have those worries. We heard that it was the biggest move that President had ever had so we were freaking out! Good news though.... TJ and I are going to be together for another 6 weeks! After this TJ and I will have spent a total of 6 months together of our missions. Crazy right? We have been on and off and it looks like 1/3 of our missions will be spent serving together. I am pumped! I love TJ! We work way good together and its so easy. We just fly because there aren't any problems between us. Its like serving with your best friend. And now we get to baptize together!! Eeeekkk!! #livingthedream
        My first trainer goes home next week. You know what that means? I'm old. I remember when TJ and I first got here and paired off with Sister Landry. Sister Landry had about 8 months left in her mission. Man, that flew. It was like it was yesterday. Now TJ and I are at the point that Sister Landry was when we came. Time is flying people!! #crazywhathappensin18months #dietstartingnow #ohwaitimalreadyonadiet 
         T-Han sent me Wicked. I have been signing it non-stop. Poor TJ too because I don't just sing it, I sing it at the top of my lungs. Annnddd I try to reach all those really high notes. #broadwaystatus
          Sandefjord, its a city that is about 30 minutes away from us, has Elders in it. They come to our ward here in Tønsberg and we all work together. But they are getting white-washed and two brand new elders will be coming. I'm actually really excited. Sandefjord is a hard area and not much has been going on, so I think two fresh elders will be good. But they have these two deaf investigators that they are working with right now. Cool story about them. Magne and Susanne, the family that we had Christmas with have daughters from previous relationships. They were baptized about 2 years ago, but their older daughters have never been interested in the church. Ize and Veronica came for a school break and we all spent a lot of time with them. They are 14 and 16 and of course they really gravitated towards the elders. Well the elders started teaching them, and it has been awesome. They live in Stavanger with their dad right now, but are moving here to live with Mag and Sus, and they want to be baptized. They are so cool guys! Because they are deaf they really are so in tune with the spirit. And the coolest thing is that we get to start teaching them :) Sister Thurgood already learned sign language in Skien for an investigator, so she is going to help me learn. Fun fact: Norsk sign language is not the same as English sign language. Who knew? I am way excited to teach them! Its really cool to see Mag and Sus so happy! Its connecting a family :) #thisiswhatmissionaryworkisabout
              We got in a wreck this week. Funny thing? Nothing happend. It was crazy! This person hit us from behind but there wasn't a scratch on it. #miraclesdohappen
             Also, I went cross country skiing this last week for like ah-minute and tried the kick! I will send pictures to show you them! It was way fun! 
        Here are some quotes from the week:
           "Are we going to look back on our mission and say we had fun? Yes. Why? Because we won't be on missions anymore."
           "All I want to do is eat, sleep, and occasionally go the the bathroom. I have regressed to infantdom. Essentially I am a baby in Gs. Great." 
          Me: We're obese!!
          TJ: I know....but... I'm hungry... 
      It was a fast week and these next few weeks are going to go even faster! The snow started to melt and it has started to rain. I think this might just be a sick joke the weather is playing on me, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts! I hope that you are all doing well! I love you! 
    Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor! 

Love,
Kat

Shout outs:
  Kyle!! Happy birthday!! Nice gun!! It sounds like you are having a great birthday so far! Enjoy it man!
   Gavin! Oh man! Gav Gav!! I love you! You can't even read this, but one day I am sure that I will show you all of your Auntie Lee Lee's mission emails. Can't wait to see all the pictures! Heather, give him a big hug from me! Love you buddie!! 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment