Monday, May 5, 2014

Sarpsborg Rehab Center for Lost Souls and Sister Hodgkiss‏

Dear Wesley Family and Friends,
   Basically, this is what happened... I spent like an hour writing you guys this email about everything here in Sarpsborg and then it got deleted. Yeah... not happy. And now this one will have to be short and sweet because we are headed out to do some things before our Pday is over. I'm really sorry! I will have to do a more detailed email next week. But here is the jist of it all-
    ONE, I love Sarpsborg!!! I feel like there should have been a sign that said "Welcome to rehab, Sister Hodgkiss!" as I was driving in. Its the perfect place for me right now. Its so pretty! There is a lot of farm land and rolling green hills. Its big enough that you can get what you need, but small enough that it still has that cabin small town feel. There are so many 1/2 poly 1/2 Norsk families in the ward. And their kids LOVE the missionaries. We live right next door to the Olsen family. They have 3 kids and are one of the poly/norsk families. We do nightly scripture reading with them. Its great having so many families and being around kids again. It makes me feel like a normal person again! I just love kids. Yesterday all the little girls (poly families got together for a birthday party) were jumping on the tramp and we went and jumped with them for about 10 minutes. I love it! 
      B, Sister McArthur is awesome! I wasn't sure how things would be after serving a year apart, but we fit right back into our companionship that we had in the MTC. It's just perfect and easy. We have a lot of fun together, and she gets everything that I'm going through. She has felt a lot of the same things. Its nice to be working through things with someone instead of just having your companion watch you go through things. It really has been like therapy. 
      THREE, emotionally I am doing much better. Things are still hard and I still have a lot of things that I need to work through, but I feel like I actually can start to figure things out. A lot of my anxity is gone, and I don't cry every day like I used to. Things are getting a lot better. I bore my testimony in church yesterday and that was cool. The Norwegian is coming easier than it has for the last few weeks. I can actually think and focus, and I am actually feeling peace again. Its funny how you can lose parts of your testimony so fast. Faith has a short self life. That's why we have to go through the gospel on a daily and weekly basis. Sister McArthur said something to me today that I loved. We were talking about our missions and how we all had the wrong idea about why we came. We thought it was for other people, but we didn't realize that really our missions are for us. She said "You're not here to change the world, you're here to change your world." I love that. Its so true! 
        D, I will send pictures next week, I promise! I forgot my cord at home so I can't this week, but this is a cute place. Mom and Dad you will love it. It's my 7th area, but it goes on my 2 favorite place. The first being Trondheim of course! I still don't want to be here for 6 months, but I am starting to think that I will die here (Missionary term for last area). But I don't see Sister McArthur and I getting split up anytime soon. So I am settling in for 3 months with her! Its going to be great. Hope that you are all doing well. I'll write a better email next week! 
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor! 

Love,
Kat

Shout Outs!

Tommye-Lynn: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I can't believe how big and pretty you are getting! You are so pretty!! I love seeing all your pictures and hearing about how well you are doing in soccer! I am proud of you! Keep reading your scriptures and helping your parents with you little brother and sister okay? I'm going to teach you Norwegian when I get back, so be ready! I love you!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY again! 

Darrin- Happy Birthday buddy! I'm proud of you killing it in school! Pretty soon you are going to be done and working! Guess, you will have a lot to teach me :) You are awesome!! Take that pretty wife of yours out and do something fun! Love you!! 

Beth Goodall- I don't know if you read these, but CONGRATS on graduation. I'm not sure quite when it is, but I wanted to tell you that I got your letters and picture today!! Holy cow, does time go fast!! Can't wait to hear about all our adventures! Love you girl!! 

P.S. Count down to Lori and Brent's baby.... #hopeitscute #ofcourseitwillbe #ifnotillletyouknow



No comments:

Post a Comment