Thursday, June 19, 2014

A WHOLE NEW WORLD AND LAST MINUTE INSPIRATION

Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
         Every Pday comes and I always have the question come to my mind, "What am I going to write home about?" You know when you have been on a mission for 14 months I think you start to feel like a broken record, so I always try to think of something new to say. And some weeks, you look back on and you think.... welp... glad that's behind us. This week was probably my WORST week number wise. We taught ZERO lessons. Yeah, I know. It's killing me too! I mean thank goodness we had some referrals to kontakt because otherwise I would have had to report all zeros to our Distrikt Leader! But although our numbers sucked, we have worked harder this last week than any other other week, so I know that blessings are coming. I will be calling this current week The Week of Miracles, because we are going to see many!! And I can't wait to tell you all about them in my next email home. But that brings me back to this week and what to write. Thank goodness revelation comes in all forms because I was inspired by a Disney song on the 30 minute car drive to the church. Here are the lyrics. Lets see if you can guess... 
I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
that now I'm in a whole new world with you

Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be
A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment gets better
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
A whole new world
That's where we'll be
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me
    Okay, okay. I know what you are all thinking. "What does this love song have to do with inspiration or missionary life?" Well I will tell you. I will just drop a side note that a little talent I have picked up on my mish is the talent to relate ANYTHING back to the gospel, so bare with me here as I work my magic. So as I was listening to this song, which is one of my favorites I might add, I was thinking about how I have come into a "Whole New World" since being on my mission. I imagined two very different voices, mine and the voices of my companions that I've had, particularly the voice of my trainer, Sister Hilton. A mission really is a life-time of its own. I feel like the adventures, experiences, struggles, and miracles I have been through and seen are enough to last me forever! Thankfully though, progression doesn't stop and I can look forward to more. I love the line "I'm like a shooting star, I've come so far, I can't go back to where I used to be." I feel like that is so true! I have been changed for good by my mission. I have been changed for good by every companion, area, investigator, and member, and I could never go back to who I used to be. 
     But this concept doesn't just relate to a mission, it relates to our lives. One of my favorite talks, the talk that ultimately made me decide to come on a mission, The First Great Commandment talks a little about this. Elder Holland says, "After an encounter with the living Son of the living God, nothing is ever again to be as it was before. The Crucifixion, Atonement, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ mark the beginning of a Christian life, not the end of it. It was this truth, this reality, that allowed a handful of Galilean fishermen-turned-again-Apostles without “a single synagogue or sword” to leave those nets a second time and go on to shape the history of the world in which we now live...The call is to come back, to stay true, to love God, and to lend a hand. I include in that call to fixed faithfulness every returned missionary who ever stood in a baptismal font and with arm to the square said, “Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ.” That commission was to have changed your convert forever, but it was surely supposed to have changed you forever as well...So we have neighbors to bless, children to protect, the poor to lift up, and the truth to defend. We have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do. In short, we have a life of devoted discipleship to give in demonstrating our love of the Lord. We can’t quit and we can’t go back." Each encounter we have with Christ is to change us, and each time that happens we don't go back. We enter a new world, and there we stay. That's the beauty of mission. That's the beauty of life. We are forever changed by the gospel.
      Læll, lets move on to some other things... 
        SHOUT OUT TO DAD!!! Happy Fathers Day!! I hope that mom made your favorite cake! I would pay some good money for that cake right about now!! Yummy! Thanks for everything you do for our family, Dad. You are amazing! I love you!! 
       Where is Baby Lor-ent? I am very impatient, and I can only imagine how impatient Lor and B are! Obviously she has Brent's stubbornness because she is WAY over due. She is already a rebel. Remember that Dr. Pepper commercial that they had the shirts with the one word on it, and one of them said "Rebel" and Brent told me that was me? Yeah, I'm still offended. Seriously though! I can't wait to see pictures!! 
        Heather and Shawn- Happy Anny. That would be code for anniversary! Was it 10 years? Holy heck! Time flies!! Proud of you both! 
       
       Funny Quote Time:
"Zone conference is like prom on a mission!" - McA

Me: Does she have a boyfriend or is that her son?
McA: I don't know and I don't want to know. When you get past a certain point you just need to accept that you're alone.
I was teasing McA about her driving and about what would happen if she hit a child and she said this... 
McA: If that happened I would be devastated. That's like when you go bowling and you get it in the gutter while you have the bumpers up except worse because you would be hitting a child.

   Things that happened this week:
   We had ZLT in Oslo! That's always an experience! My Zone Leaders are Elder Shanklin and Elder Ellsworth. I love them both! Shank was a greenie while I was in Trondheim. They dressed up as the Viking Zone Lords and gave us all regions and made us vikings! We even got our own swords!! It was super fun! We also got to watch a clip from How to Train Your Dragon. I am still working on trying to figure out how to get a dragon for Gav!! 
     Last Monday we had a girls day with the next door neighbors. I finally saw Frozen!! I cried like 9 times. It is so good!! I want to watch it every day. I know I'm a little late, but you guys know I don't do mainstream so I had to watch it and freak out later than everyone to be different. No, but really, new favorite movie! So good!!!! The whole thing is set on Norway. Its so funny because the pronunciation of the names are off, but its so cute. The church that Else is made queen in is set on the cathedral in Trondheim! I love that place. And the mountains are the mountains of Bergen. I guess there is an article online that goes through all of it. So cool! I will be getting it in Norwegian to bring home!  
        Bees are terrible creatures. We had two in our apartment, and we both about died. We are terrible people. One ended up flying into a light and we just shut the light and let it die in there... I know... I do feel guilty... Repentance is real. 
         I'm still searching for the package!! I will try to find out more about it today! Oh and... drum roll please.... we got permission to go to SWEDEN!!!! We have a part of Sweden in our area so we have permission to go there! Everything is cheaper there, so we are going today!! I am so pumped! Only sisters in the mish that got to go to Sweden!! I will send lots of pics next week!! 
        I hope that everyone is doing well! Keep me updated on the family life. I love you all! 
Keep it real. Keep it classy. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Love,
Kat 

P.S. If you could add in your prayers that we can FIND people to teach and that we can have MANY miracles this week, that would be wonderful!! It's going to be a GREAT week!!

P.S.S. I GRADUATED FROM COUNSELING THIS WEEK! I was talking to Sister Perry on Tuesday and she was like "Well, I feel like you are doing great so just give me a call if you ever need anything!" I had ice cream to celebrate :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment