Monday, September 1, 2014

Another Baptism!

Dear Weasley Family and Friends,
                  We had moves call yesterday, and I found out that I will be spending my last 6 weeks here in Sarpsborg with Sister Trydal. I am happy to be staying. I really didn't want to have to move and get to know new people with such little time left. I'm really close the members and investigators here and I don't think I could stand to leave them for my last 6 weeks. I secretly do wish that I had a new comp, just to change things up, but its all good. Time is flying and not flying fast enough all at the same time. But I have exciting news.... We will be having a baptism on Sept. 27th! 
             Do you guys remember me telling you about our friend Salko who came to church and said that he wanted to be baptized? I was excited, but I wasn't really sure about him and so I didn't think too much of it, but this last week we have spent about every day over there teaching him and the kids. So here's the relation chart. Zaltan and Zilfa are married. Zaltan is a member, Zilfa is not. They have 8 children and one on the way. Salko is Zaltans cousin. I would draw a family tree, but that would take way too much time. Læll, Salk is getting baptized on the 27th. He is doing so great! He told us that he prayed about the Book of Mormon and he knows its true. He actually reminds me a lot of Kyle. He practically fellowships himself because he comes to church and just talks to everyone. Its so great! We are also teaching the 4 of the kids of Zaltan and Zilfa. Belma is 5, Leo is 8, Selma is 10, and Zlatko is 12. Leo, Selma, and Zlatko want to be baptized. All except Selma because she was sick came to church yesterday. It was crazy guys! I was cursing myself for not bringing any snacks or coloring books! It was fast and testimony meeting and that was the part I was scared for. I just thought " I don't know if these kids have ever sat quietly in their lives..." But it started and they were great! Zlatko is the cutest. He was just eating it up. He folded his arms and sat there revently. He has become good friends with Bishop's son, Stein-Aaron. He watch Stein- Aaron pass the sacrament with wide eyes. He wants to be just like him. We took the sacrament and everyone did great! They thought it was the coolest thing and wanted to do it again. Then, the testimonies started. I leaned over to Leo and I said "You know, anyone that wants to can go up there and talk about Jesus." He looked at me with his big brown eyes and said "Can I?" So I helped him write out what he wanted to say on a piece of paper and we quietly practiced it, and then it was his turn. He just took his paper up there and smiled really big and said "Hello, my name is Leo. I know that Christ died for us and that he lives today. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I was smiling from ear to ear! It was his first time in church EVER! Then Zlatko, the 12 year old, leaned over to me and said "Can you help me write one too?" So Bishop's son and I helped him write one. He went up there and said "Hello my name is Zlatko. My Dad was baptized when I was 5 or 6. It is good to be back in church after 6 years. I have been to many activities with the young men. I know that Jesus lived here on the earth and that he lives today with the angles. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." It was great! I had asked Bishop's son to bare his testimony before the meeting started, so he did it before Zlatko. The Spirit was so strong! And I was so proud of them!! Bishop's son asked Zlatko if he wanted to be baptized, and Zlatko said "Yes!" and then Stein-Aaron looked at him and said "Well, you are going to have to stop cussing then." I just laughed silently on the inside. 
               So here I had it in my head. You know what I mean, that thing we do as humans where we start planning the rest of forever because of one thing. I had it in my head, September 27, 4 people getting baptized, and how amazing that would be. Of course though, they are children and so we have to have permission to baptize them. So when we were there last night I just brought up baptism casually to Zilfa. She said "I think that it's great that Salko is getting baptized, but as for me and my children we won't." And my heart broke in probably one million pieces. It wasn't in a confrontational way, she was just talking but she went on to say that her mom is Muslim and it would break her heart if they were Christian. And so I drove home last night so excited for Salko, but so broken hearted over the kids. But as I was sitting there trying not to cry in our lesson with Salko I had the thought come to me, well actually Liahona article, Act upon this land as for years. https://www.lds.org/liahona/2014/08/young-adults/act-upon-this-land-as-for-years?lang=eng  It talks about going forward with faith even though we don't know how long some things will last. So I felt that we should continue to teach the kids and teach them as if they were getting baptized. And then fast and pray along the way that Zilfa will have a change of heart. That she will see how happy the kids are and she will allow them to be baptized. And then next time we ask her go in with guns a blazing and bring Bishop to talk it over. So this is a huge step of faith for me! If you know me well, which you guys do, you know I don't like investing time and my heart into something that might not work out. I like sure things! But I am putting my faith in the Lord that he will provide a way for those kids to be baptized. I studied Alma 26 and Ether 3 today in my personal study. I loved the part in Ether 3:2 where it says "...O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires." I know that as we pray we are able to receive things that the Lord wants to give us, but are conditional upon our asking. And we are going to see miracles with the Talic Family!! #prayingourwaytobaptism #catchthewave #gobigorgohome #sharethegoodness
                 In other words though, I wanted to give a big shout out to JORDAN!! I am so proud of you!! Congrats!! And I am so happy you guys get to stay in Boston! I am looking forward to seeing you play!! You are so great!!
                 Funny quote of the week: 
                         Ashton talking about this CRAZY travel plan he has 
      "This is happening. Your absolute hatred to this plan confirms to me that this is the stupidest plan I have ever had which means I am SO doing this." 
            Welp, I think that's all for me folks! I have an exciting week coming up. We have the Sister's Conference on Saturday and then Elder Bednar on Sunday. I get to see all my members and then have a 3 hour meeting with Elder Bednar. It is a question and answer meeting, so it is going to be amazing!!! I am so pumped! Is it wrong that I am more excited about seeing TJ than Elder Bednar? Probably. #sinner #repetanceisreal #stillnotperfect 
            I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!!! #keeppraying #seeyousoon #ding
Love,
Kat

Shouts to:
Annie & Shawn!! Happy birthday guys!! I hope that you each have a wonderful day where you spouse makes you something yummy and lets you play xbox or gives you a massage, or both! You guys are amazing and I'm grateful that I have such wonderful in-laws! I will see you guys super soon!! Love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment