Thursday, October 9, 2014

President Evans farewell to the 17 Miracles

Dear Sisters
 
One of the highlights of my mission (and I know I speak for Sister Evans), was receiving the Seventeen Miracles.  What a blessing you have been to this Mission and to Norway.  I remember your arrival like yesterday, and now most of you are preparing to leave.  Where did the time go?
 
Even though all of your bags arrived with you, we did not start out auspiciously.   One of you locked yourself in our bathroom at home, and then a day later we lost Sister Hodgkiss at the train station in Larvik.  There have been ups and downs since, but from my vantage point they have mostly been “ups.”  You have consistently found, taught, baptized, and strengthened the members where you have served.  How blessed we have been to have you.
 
I honestly wish that you were staying until June so that we could go home together.  Your departure will put a real gap in the Mission.  But we will look forward to being together in a year at our first reunion.
 
In Norwegian, we say, “Jeg er glad I dere.” and I am.  In America, we say I love you.  And I do!
 
Sincerely
 
President Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment